Hand Cut Stone Earrings, Shades of Green & Copper
Rich & earthy, these hand cut stone earrings feature muted shades of green with India silver & copper granulation. Pure boho luxe!
Out of stock
The naturally earthy, pink & green unakite stone in these hand cut stone earrings was hand gathered near Globe, AZ…the hand cut & polished cylinder beads are the focus, set in asymmetrical stacks with hand cut green variscite on one earring & a disc of hand cut turquoise on the other. The beads are topped with copper granulation spacers, silver heishi, faceted bronze hematite heishi & vintage India silver beads. At the bottoms, larger discs of copper granulation add more detail & everything is bound in oxidized sterling wire wrap.
These one of a kind, boho luxe earrings measure a bit under 2.25″ (5.71 cm) in total length, including their hand formed, oxidized sterling ear wires.
More info about unakite…
- Unakite derives its name from the Unaka Mountain Range in the United States.
- It is a metamorphic rock that forms when granite has undergone change through hydrothermal activity.
- It is made up of green epidote, pink orthoclase, and a clear to blue-grey quartz.
- It can be found in New Jersey, and in other parts of the world such as Brazil and China.
- It usually forms in areas where there are converging plate boundaries.
- Unakite has been used in architecture and in lapidary applications.
- The first known use of unakite dates back to 1874.
- It contains the mineral epidote, which comes from the Greek word epididonai which means “to give additionally.”
- It is a stone that facilitates compassion and nurturing.
Our hand cut gemstone beads & carvings are made by us, in our studio, one at a time with love, patience, energy and attention to detail. You can absolutely find cheaper, mass-produced, sweat-shop made stone beads & carvings, but if you appreciate the natural energy a stone holds, why not treat yourself to truly one of a kind pieces in which that energy has been respected & built upon!
Questions? Comments? Please feel free to Contact Us!